Monday 6 February 2012

The Beginning to the End..


Love is scarce in a day and age where girls are no longer asked on dates or even to dance. The world seems pretty hopeless for finding a prince that sweeps you off your feet like Cinderella's man, or even Hilary's Duff's in A Cinderella Story. I'm a sucker for Chad Michael Murray... but thats not the point. There someone ever better who we we all worship. We, meaning 300 million woman, and myself. Any of us would hook up with him, no questions asked if we ever saw him at the bar.

Sidenote: 

He's the guy that was snubbed of sexiest man alive in 2011, rows a boat like no other in the middle of various storms in multiple movies, and his abs make me want to cry. Ryan Gosling? Oh yeah, HIM.

I'm a single university student. 

Yes, university is what everyone claimed it to be but so help me, I just can't seem to find a man. I'm a tall, relatively attractive, extremely talkative, driven, smart girl looking for my own rom-com fairytale. I "specialize" in extreme cleaning, cooking and crock pots. Could someone hand me my Mrs Degree already? Then again, the crock pot has apparently gotten me no where and neither did getting extremely intoxicated last Thursday night, so I've decided to do something about it.

This blog will be dedicated to my new pursuit of cultivating my inner Ryan Gosling!

Now, I won't take all the credit for this genius idea. Actually, my wise, edgy 25 year old (so old to be so wise right?) friend suggested this man-hunting method. She, like me, was hopeless and losing faith everyday about finding a respectable man to feed her and have fun with (because that's really all woman want.. isn't it?). With hopes that one day love would arrive in her life, she took her celebrity crush Ryan Gosling, and well, focused on him... a lot. She thought about him 5 or 6 times a day, watched his movies, and listened to all the soundtracks of his movies. She decided that in order to attract her own Ryan Gosling, she need to encompass everything Ryan Gosling is. Therefore, using this newfound method, I will spend the next little while cultivating the Ryan Gosling in me. Now this may sound kind of unlikely, but my wise older friend has found herself a really cute bartender/singer/songwriter and they are happily dating. With this inspiration in my mind,  I'm going to see if she's really on to something. 

I plan to dive deep into my soul to find my inner Gosling, a pursuit I plan on taking to an even further level than my older and wiser friend. My plan includes watching every interview Ryan's ever had, listening to his band's entire discography, and of course, it gives me an excuse to watch The Notebook an obscene amount of times. I will even be making vision boards.

I dedicate my first blog post to all the single woman out there  who will hopefully benefit, if not just get a laugh, from my endeavour. Who knows? I may be on the brink of finding the secret to finding my one true love. I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment